Our Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Ramin Behmand graduated with honors from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in Cleveland, Ohio and was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Medical Honor Society. He attended the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, where he completed a comprehensive six-year training in plastic surgery and was elected academic chief resident. Dr. Behmand gained extensive experience in cosmetic surgical procedures of the body and face through further fellowship training. He spent an intensive portion of his aesthetic fellowship training with world-renowned facial surgery and rhinoplasty specialist, Dr. Bahman Guyuron. As a result, Dr. Behmand entered his professional private practice with considerable training and experience in breast augmentation and breast lift surgery, rhinoplasty and facial rejuvenation surgery, mommy makeovers, and body contouring procedures.
In addition to being a board-certified plastic surgeon with his own private practice, from 2006 through 2016, Dr. Ramin Behmand has served as the Chief of Plastic Surgery at the John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek. He is also a clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery at the University of California, San Francisco Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and is actively involved in surgical education of residents and fellows at UCSF.
Dr. Ramin Behmand is an active member in professional organizations locally in the San Francisco Bay Area and across the nation. Some of these organizations include the following:
- Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- The Rhinoplasty Society, Active Member
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Active Member
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons, Active Member
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA), Honor Medical Society Member
- Member of Reed O. Dingman Society for Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons
- American Medical Association Member
- Facial Plastic Surgery and Rhinoplasty Fellowship, Zeeba Clinic- Dr. Bahman Guyuron
- Castle Connolly Award for “Top Doctor” in 2017 and 2018
- Elected Regional Top Doctor in 2017 and 2018
- Real Self Top Doctor -Top 10%
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2016 and 2017– Top 1%
- Listed in Oakland & Alameda Magazine, “Top Doctors” of 2012 (as chosen by his peers)
- Listed in 2012 San Francisco Super Doctors®
- Selected as one of America’s Top Surgeons with the “Consumers Research Council of America” from 2011-2017
- American Registry’s Most Compassionate Doctors Award 2010-2017
- American Registry’s Patient Choice Award from 2008-2018
Dr. Ramin Behmand has a passion for clinical advancement of plastic surgery through research. He has authored and co-authored numerous scientific abstracts and articles, book chapters, and publications, and has presented his work at local and national plastic surgery meetings. He uses his surgical training and experience, along with his involvement in education, to showcase the safest, most effective and up-to-date surgical techniques and procedures to his patients.
Contact Dr. Behmand
If you would like to learn more about Dr. Behmand, or if you would like to schedule a consultation to talk about your goals, please contact us today.